Monday, January 14, 2008

The trouble with going back to sleep

"Butterflies."

Her silky eyelids flutter to life but dont open, she purrs softly onto my chest, her cocoa skin melting into my pure chocolate. "Why are you awake at... what time is it?"

I ignore her drowsiness and cant be bothered to check; i'd have to move my wrist and right now, with this delicate damsel nestled safely between my arm and my ribs, humming her sweet harmony into the early morning light, the last thing i want to do is move. "Its early, cherry lips. Go back to sleep."

"But you're the one waking me up, " her luscious lips start to plant wet kisses on the cleft between my rib cage and then all over my chest. "Why...are you talking... about butterflies.... this early?"

I could lay here forever. This lady is out of this world. This moment.... how does one capture a moment like this? The freedom to let go and just be, to ingest her intoxicating post-coital aroma, wildness seeping through her honey flavoured hair. "You've got me thinking about butterflies."

Her kisses move up towards my neck and lower jaw, her hands moving south, pinching and teasing my lower abdomen muscles. "Let me into your world; i want to know what's on your mind."

"Well butterflies... you've- hey, woah there.... dont be starting what you cant finish." But her sensual hands wont listen; they have a secret mission of their own. "I was laying here, watching the sun stretch its way across the room and start to pour over your body...."

"My hungry body, " she's coming alive now and inevitably, so are parts of me.

"....watching it dance across the floor, crawl up the foot of the bed and inch its way up your leg..."

"Which leg? This leg?"

"Yes, this very long leg you've curled up over mine, inching its way up just like this, just like my hand, taking its time...."

"Take it.... take your time...."

"... getting to know every curve of your golden brown, every line of your sand coloured skin, stealing its way up passed your knee..."

"Thats right.... get passed it, go passed it... up..."

"... tenderly lighting its way up to your silky smoothness, gently carressing your cocoa brown, rising higher still towards your...."

"Dont tease me.... please!!...."

"Shyly at first as it hesitates around the fullness of your curvaceous roundness but then suddenly.... filtering its way through to your intimate glow.... and swallowing you up whole... drowning you in it glorious light...."

"Yes,... yes... yes... yes.... yes.... yesssssssssss......."

I dont know how much time passes. Maybe an eternity, maybe time stands still. There is no room, no bed, no world; there are only mirrors. A multitude of them, each one an art piece capturing us in the still motions of a passionate fusion. We are vampires feeding on each others' flesh, hungrily devouring the raw mixture of animal sounds and ebony sweat pouring out of ourselves, pushing the tempo to that uncharted territory of mutual ecstasy where we collapse in each other' arms, glowing with satisfaction, spent.

How does one savour a moment like this?

"Are you ever going to tell me?" our glistening bodies lay apart now, on the floor, both of us gasping for breath, " what was the whole thing about the butterflies?"

"Well i was looking at you, just like i'm watching you now, shiny, glowing, spectacular and i thought to myself: what do butterflies know of beauty?" I cant help but smile at my own corniness.

She lays silently staring at the ceiling, in some far off world where such sentiment can be absorbed without the slightest hint of irony or sarcasm. She lets herself enjoy that short moment when she can believe it is genuine. Then that naughty grin returns to her face, "Whats the point trying to woo me, sir, when we've already had the sex?"

I laugh because she's funny or just because she makes me happy. " Maybe i'm being genuine, ma'am, " i pull her hunger towards me and climb on top of her oily, voluptuous body. She looks absolutely edible. "Or maybe.... maybe i'm just thinking of repeat business."

We are lost before we can come up for air.