Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The trouble with relying on un-reliable people.


I fuckin hate people that can never keep time.

Not just for the obvoius reason that its really annoying, but for an even more complex sociological reason: it perpetuates the stereotype that black people can't keep time. Who cares if it's true? We cant let the rest of the world know it. Hell no! We gotta atleast act like we have some instinct to look at our blinged out watches for more than just the cool reflection. Seriously, we spend like $2,000 on watches we never use for their intended purpose!! For real, when white people are late, they can't apologise enough. They say sorry like a million times, give you plausible reasons, even show up with an "I'm sorry i'm late" Hallmark card and a lollipop. But this brotha's gonna show up an hour late, all non-chalant and go,"Goddamn, that girl got a fat booty!!" And then he's gonna leave yo ass standing there to go after her to impress her with his $2000 watch!! Where the hell is my lollipop?

I love black people. I love all people, but some more than others. Beautiful people more than ugly ones. I'm shallow. But i'm reliable. If i say i'm gonna do something, i'm gonna do it or die trying. As long as it's within reason for me to do. Man i love my family, but i cant count the times someone in my family has let me down. The other week i decided to do a nice thing for my mom to kinda get her off my back for a while; i decided to buy her a small freeze her which she deperately needed for her up and coming catering business. I got online and found one for cheap, i couldnt believe it. Not new ofcourse, but its not like the food is gonna complain. Went, checked it out, real nice lady who was surprisingly comfortable around me and my homie despite us looking like a flopped underground crunk duo from ATL. Plus broke.

So the deal was set. Only problem was how to transport. For a while i was seriously thinking of just carrying it on the bus, In retrospect, that was a dumb ass idea for to many reasons, without even bringing the terrorist threat aspect into it. Luckily my unlce said he'd hook me up. He's a driver and thought he'd be able to squeeze some time in for me. He came through when i moved, though. i'm probably the only brotha to move house in a Mercedes benz S-Class! He came through that time. But on the day i was meant to move that freezer, the day i'd called the nice lady up and asked her to fit me into her busy moving schedule, the day i'd asked my homie to cancel his plans and come help me lift this thing, the one day i actually had the money to purchase the fridge, Uncle was nowehere to be seen. One hour. 2 hours. Next day. Day After that. The next week. He finally calls, the next Thursday.

This is a dude who calls me up to tell me how he bought a tuna salad thinking it was a chicken salad and .... that kind of story. but it wasnt until a week later that he decided to call me up, not to apologise for leaving me stading there looking like an idiot. Not to apologise for making my homie, my brother, my mom and that nice lady incredibly mad. Not to apologise for making me pay the nice lady and lose my money cos i never got the freezer. No, he called me up to tell me that he'd finally watched "Catwoman" and it actually sucked! I love my Uncle to death cos he's a funny dude but that day.....he was testing me for real.